Disclaimer: FanDuel Sportsbook is not online in Nevada. This review is speculative based on FanDuel in other states and will be updated when the sportsbook launches in NV. Here is a sportsbook we recommend trying.
A self-professed premier destination for online sports betting, FanDuel has been a major player in the online betting world for over a decade.
Launching in 2009, it originally focused on daily fantasy sports. However, it was only a matter of time before it branched out. Now, with online sports betting and casino games alongside DFS, it’s safe to say it was successful in its goal.
Our FanDuel Nevada sportsbook review covers what we expect the sportsbook will look like when it launches in the state. Although the sportsbook is not yet live in Nevada, with FanDuel currently live in at least 11 states, there’s a clear picture of what we can expect.
FanDuel Nevada promo code 2022
Bettors signing up to FanDuel Sportsbook will find themselves with a risk-free bet for up to $1,000.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Nevada|
|Promo code||Click to claim promo|
|Risk-free bet||Up to $1,000|
|Last updated||December 2022|
FanDuel Nevada sign-up bonus — the fine print!
To trigger the risk-free bet, you should first head over to the FanDuel Sportsbook site and choose the sign-up option. After opening an account, you’ll need to make your first deposit.
Next, head over to the betting area to make your first sports bet with no minimum required. If you lose that first bet, you’ll receive a refund in site credit up to a maximum of $1,000. The credit from the sportsbook will arrive in your account within 72 hours of a lost first bet. If your first bet wins, you will not receive any refund credits. You will, however, be able to collect your winnings as normal.
You won’t be able to withdraw any credit you receive. If you bet with it and win, though, any winnings are yours to do with as you wish. You will have 14 days to use the site credit. After that, FanDuel will remove any remainder still in your account.
Can I trust FanDuel Sportsbook in Nevada?
Yes. To launch in the state, FanDuel will need to have received a license from the Nevada Gaming Control Board. This ensures that FanDuel and players who sign up there are abiding by all state laws.
As well as the appropriate licensing, FanDuel uses a variety of measures to secure customers’ data. Expect to complete an identity check with Social Security verification when you sign up at the sportsbook — preventing underage bettors from using FanDuel. Similarly, the sportsbook will verify where you are when you sign in, preventing play from outside of legal states.
Getting started at FanDuel Nevada Sportsbook
You will be required to enter some personal information when signing up with FanDuel Sportsbook. That info includes your full name, address, phone number, email address and the last four digits of your Social Security number. FanDuel will use this information to verify your identity and to ensure your legality to play in Nevada.
In most states, you would submit this info and you’d be all done. However, in Nevada, you need to complete your registration in person. Once FanDuel partners with a land-based casino you will be able to go there to finish signing up. After this in-person step, the remainder of your betting in Nevada can be done remotely.
How do I download the FanDuel sports betting app?
Alongside a handsome sportsbook website, FanDuel also offers a sophisticated sportsbook app.
To download the app, new and existing bettors can scroll down on the sportsbook site and select either “Sportsbook (iOS)” or “Sportsbook (Android)” under the “FanDuel Apps” header. From there, follow the prompts to download either the iOS or Android version of the app to your mobile device.
You’ll find an innovative app waiting upon download, although account creation is easier on the website.
Where do I find FanDuel sports betting promotions?
You’ll find a variety of FanDuel promotions under the page of the same name on both the website and the app. The promotions section features both the risk-free bet welcome bonus alongside several other offers. The bonuses are available for both new and current bettors who are already signed up at FanDuel.
FanDuel will tend to rotate what it offers. Options that you may see, however, could include a $100 refer-a-friend program or a football parlay promotion.
Why should I choose the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
FanDuel has earned an impressive reputation over its short lifetime. If you’re looking to see why it has such a positive image, here are some of the main things that came up during our review:
- Great promotions: The bonus section at FanDuel offers a lot to get excited about. With everything from the welcome risk-free bet to the exclusive parlay offers, you’ll find a variety of promotions at FanDuel.
- Betting options: You’ll find a good selection of sports to bet on at FanDuel, with additional options for live betting, bet boosts and free bets.
- A well-rounded platform: Both the browser version and the sportsbook app are smooth, quick and free of clutter.
What won’t I like about the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Although FanDuel is one of the best choices out there, there are a handful of areas we would like to see it improve. There’s nothing that we would call a deal-breaker in our list, but here are the main concerns:
- No matched welcome bonus: Although new players get a risk-free bet for up to $1,000 alongside a handful of other great promotions, there isn’t a deposit matching bonus. We would like to see some sort of credit on that first deposit, similar to some competitors, but it’s by no means a deal-breaker.
- Limited odds boost selection: The odds boosts at FanDuel have the potential to be an asset, although we have noticed the boosted selections to be somewhat limited. We’d like to see a handful of additional options.
- Tricky account deletion: If you want to close your FanDuel account, finding the option to do so can take some work. Rather than doing it yourself, you’ll need to contact a customer service agent. It’s not something that will affect many players, but for those dipping their toe before deciding FanDuel isn’t for them, it’s a little frustrating.
What kind of bets can I place at FanDuel in Nevada?
The betting options at FanDuel account for a large part of the sportsbook’s positive reputation. Bettors will find a large selection, including all of the standard options below:
- Moneyline: The old-school moneyline is the sports bet most of us think of when the topic comes up — a bet on the outcome of the game. Negative moneyline odds indicate the favorite, and positive odds the underdog.
- Point spread: Next in line comes the point spread, an effort to “even-out” the game from a betting perspective. This gives teams a winning or losing margin that they must meet for bets on them to win. For example, the underdog may lose by just two points, but if the point spread allowed them to lose by up to 11, bets on them will win.
- Over/under: Also known as totals, over/under bets allow you to wager on the combined score by both teams in a game. The sportsbook will set a line, and you can bet on the actual total score being over or under that line.
- Prop bets: These side bets focus on the action that isn’t necessarily directly related to the outcome of the game. You can find all sorts of prop bets at FanDuel, with each sport offering distinct options.
- Parlays: Group two or more bets to increase the odds and your potential payout. The downside is that these bets carry additional risk. If you get any of your individual picks wrong, you win nothing.
- Round robin bets: Similar to a parlay, but without quite as much risk. Again, you make multiple picks, but here you can still win some money if you don’t get them all correct.
- Live betting: The majority of sportsbooks offer live betting these days as a way to bet on sports as the action unfolds. You can access the live betting tab at FanDuel to see all live events and the dynamic odds and lines on offer.
- Futures: For these bets, the outcome is not immediate. Instead, you are betting on a long-term season or postseason outcome. Popular futures, like betting on an individual team to win the Super Bowl, for example, will often be available before the season even starts.
Can I bet on the Las Vegas Raiders at FanDuel?
Football fans will be pleased to find that FanDuel offers bets not only on the Las Vegas Raiders but on every game in the NFL.
As well as the options we went over above, you’ll find an additional selection of bets for each football game, and each Raiders game. Here is a short summary of just some of those options:
- Player props: Pick out — and bet on — how specific players might perform. For example, if you’re expecting Hunter Renfrow to be at his best in an upcoming game, you may be able to bet on the number of touchdowns you expect him to haul in.
- Quarter and halftime bets: The full-time moneyline is a tried-and-tested bet. You can also, however, bet on the score after each quarter and at the half. With live betting available on the majority of games, it can make for an interesting betting scenario.
- Touchdown betting: A specific type of prop bet, this lets you bet on the player to score the game’s first touchdown, last touchdown or to score a touchdown at any time.
How do I get money on (and off!) FanDuel Sportsbook quickly?
The banking options for depositing and withdrawing funds are a crucial part of the sportsbook experience. This is also an area where FanDuel does well.
The majority of bettors will not struggle to find at least one banking method that works for them. With online bank transfers, PayPal, and Play+ prepaid card options (to name just a few) all available with instant processing times, it’s easy to load money into your account. Here is a full list of your options:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online bank transfer||$10||Instant|
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover credit/debit cards||$10||Instant|
|Bank wire transfer||$50||Instant|
|Play+ prepaid card||$10||Instant|
|PayNearMe||$10||Up to 48 hours|
The processing time for withdrawals, sitting at an average of five days, is the industry standard. This is also true of the minimum amount of $10 for most of the options below:
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online bank transfer||$10||Up to five days|
|ACH (e-check)||$500||Up to five days|
|PayPal||$10||Up to five days|
|Play+ prepaid card||$10||Up to five days|
How do I get help at FanDuel Sportsbook?
When searching for help at FanDuel, you can first access the support section of the platform. This offers a thorough FAQ, where you can use the search function to find articles that may help with your specific issue. Additionally, you can navigate the categories, ranging from deposit and withdrawals to responsible gambling and retail locations of the sportsbook.
If the support section does not prove to be of use, you can scroll to the bottom of the page to find email support. Here you can email a customer service rep to contact a real human being to discuss any issues.
But by far the most popular help option at FanDuel is the live chat, known as the FanDuel Coach. This functions much in the same way as a typical live chat assistant, with you inputting your information (name, email, subject, state, etc.) before being passed on to a customer service agent.
In terms of the help available, FanDuel does a good job of ensuring that players who do run into trouble can find answers.
How do I exclude myself from FanDuel?
If you find yourself struggling with the amount that you’re betting at FanDuel, you can choose voluntary self-exclusion. This prevents you from logging back into your account and placing bets for a set period of time. You can restrict your access for three, six, nine or 12 months.
To start the process, head to FanDuel’s responsible gambling section and follow the on-screen prompts. Alternatively, if you are looking to permanently close your FanDuel account, you’ll need to contact customer service. Someone there can not only close your account but will assist with final withdrawals, too.
Can I bet at FanDuel Sportsbook in person?
At the moment, no. FanDuel Sportsbook does not have a retail location in Nevada. It does, however, have one in several states where it has launched its online sportsbook, so this may change in Nevada.
How does FanDuel compare to other Nevada sportsbooks?
In comparison to the other Nevada sportsbook apps, it’s clear that FanDuel offers one of the most impressive setups.
The brand has earned a positive reputation in states where it operates over the last few years. You will find a handful of great promotions, including the welcome bonus, impressive parlay promotions and a refer-a-friend bonus up for grabs.
Unlike some other sportsbooks, FanDuel does not offer a loyalty program for its dedicated players. This means you don’t earn points when you place bets, unfortunately.
As far as a sports betting platform goes, FanDuel has it all. This includes a quality browser and app version of the sportsbook, a variety of bets and an array of other options.
FanDuel Sportsbook FAQs
Is FanDuel licensed in Nevada?
To launch its online sportsbook in Nevada, FanDuel will need to have received a license from the Nevada Gaming Control Board. This ensures that online sports betting on the platform is legal in the state. Bettors who have any concerns will be able to reach out at 702-486-2008.
What is the minimum deposit at FanDuel Sportsbook?
Most deposit options at FanDuel require a $10 minimum.
Does FanDuel offer odds boosts?
Yes, you can find available odds boosts from the main betting page at FanDuel, where a small number of betting options will have increased odds. These are available on both the website and app versions of the sportsbook.
Why should I choose FanDuel over an offshore site?
Choosing FanDuel over an offshore site is a no-brainer. FanDuel complies with all state laws where it operates. Compare this to offshore sites that offer no legal help to US players unlawfully signing up to play.
How do you bypass the FanDuel app location?
It is impossible. FanDuel’s geolocation tools prevent anyone from outside a legal state from betting at the online sportsbook.