Disclaimer: DraftKings Sportsbook is not online in Nevada. This review is speculative based on DraftKings in other states and will be updated when the sportsbook launches in NV. Here is an online sportsbook we recommend trying.
DraftKings could be on the way to sports bettors in Nevada with a variety of bets and up to $1,050 in welcome bonuses.
Originally launching in 2012 as a daily fantasy sports provider, DraftKings helped lead the way with legal sports betting in the US starting in 2018. It offers players one of the biggest lineups of sports, wagers and now an NFT market.
To learn more about the sportsbook app, what we think of DraftKing’s odds and everything else the site has to offer, check out the rest of this review.
DraftKings Nevada promo code 2021
Players new to DraftKings Sportsbook can qualify for two welcome bonuses when they sign up and start depositing.
|Online Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook Nevada|
|Promo code||None - Use Links|
|Free bet||$50 with deposit|
|Deposit match bonus||20% up to $1,000|
|Last updated||November 2021|
The first is a $50 free bet. The second is a first-time deposit bonus.
- $50 free bet: When you sign up and make a minimum deposit, DraftKings will issue a free bet to your account.
- First deposit bonus: Also with that first deposit, DraftKings will match it at a 20% clip for up to $1,000.
DraftKings Nevada welcome bonus — the fine print!
Here are some of the key terms from the DraftKings bonus:
- You must make a minimum deposit of $5 to qualify for the bonuses.
- If you win a wager using the $50 free bet, you will not receive the free bet amount back as part of winning, only the profit from the wager.
- The free bet will expire after 30 days, so make sure to use it before then.
- The deposit bonus funds expire after 90 days, meaning you need to meet the playthrough requirement before then.
That requirement is one of the main downsides of the DraftKings bonus. For the deposit match, you need to wager 25x the amount, which means you would need to bet at least $25,000 in order to unlock the full $1,000 bonus for withdrawal.
That’s a pretty high wagering requirement that, frankly, most players won’t be able to meet. The free bet, on the other hand, is a solid welcome bonus since all you have to do is make a deposit to receive it.
Can I trust DraftKings Sportsbook in Nevada?
DraftKings Sportsbook is a trustworthy and legit site, one that you shouldn’t have any reservations about betting at in Nevada.
Overall, DraftKings Sportsbook has already received a license to operate in more than a dozen other states. This means those state regulators have determined that DraftKings meets all the legal requirements to operate in those regions.
Any single state regulator has high standards. Getting one license alone is an achievement. Getting more than a dozen is a good indicator of DraftKings’ trustworthiness.
In addition, as a publicly traded company, DraftKings must operate in a way that doesn’t jeopardize returns for shareholders. If DraftKings were to operate in an illegitimate or untrustworthy way, it’d risk shareholder returns. Both by potentially losing funds, and by regulator fines.
Finally, DraftKings has a dedicated fair play policy that commits to all players, and itself, treating each other fairly and with respect.
Getting started at DraftKings Sportsbook in NV
Signing up at DraftKings is a mostly simple and relatively quick process. To begin follow the steps below:
- Go to the DraftKings Nevada site.
- Locate the “sign me up” button in the top right.
- Complete the sign-up form. You’ll need to provide personal details like your address, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number, login details and email.
- In most states that’s all there is to it. However, in Nevada, you must complete the registration process in person at a DraftKings retail location. You’ll need to go inside and provide a valid ID to get your account up and running. Once this is done, the rest of your betting with DraftKings Sportsbook Nevada can be done remotely.
Also, to place bets at DraftKings, you will need to prove that you are within Nevada state lines. DraftKings uses the GeoComply location plugin. There are different plugins for different browsers, so make sure to select the appropriate one. You’ll receive a prompt to make the download as soon as you’ve registered.
How do I download the DraftKings Nevada app?
The DraftKings app allows you to bet on the move. While we were testing the app, we used it at the store, while we were waiting for our pals at a bar, and while we were watching a Raiders game on the couch. The app is available for iOS and Android, and you download it in roughly the same way.
First, go to the DraftKings mobile site on your device. Second, scroll down on the page (any page will work) and select the “Sportsbook mobile app” link.
Third, select either “Download on the App Store” or “Download for Android” and complete the installation from there. Finally, log in with your account details and start wagering. Be sure to enable location services in your phone’s settings to show that you are in Nevada so you can place bets.
Where do I find DraftKings Sportsbook promotions?
If you’re using the DraftKings Sportsbook site, you can find the promotions easily: They’re in a tab at the top-middle of the page. Just select the tab and you’ll find them there.
If you’re using the app, the promotions appear under the main menu. Again, go to the menu, follow the promotions link, and they’ll all be there.
When you want to use or activate a promotion, note that you may need a code. You can usually enter the code somewhere on the cashier’s page or when you’re signing up to make an account.
DraftKings Sportsbook loyalty program
While at first it may appear as if there’s no loyalty program at DraftKings, there in fact is. It can be tough to find, though, because DraftKings does a poor job of promoting it to sportsbook customers.
For customers familiar with DraftKings in states other than Nevada, it’s the same system of points, rewards and achievements that the daily fantasy sports site uses. Nonetheless, let’s take a look at it in more detail. There are three things that you can accrue while playing at DraftKings:
- Contest tickets (in states that allow DFS contests)
- DK dollars
You receive crowns by spending money on DraftKings. For every $1, you get one crown. Crowns do two things. First, they determine your standing within the DraftKings Daily Rewards Status. The more crowns you have, the higher your ranking. And, in turn, the better the rewards you receive.
Second, you can redeem crowns for DK dollars. It takes 550 crowns to receive one DK dollar.
DK dollars are a form of cash-equivalent currency that you can use on the DraftKings site. You receive DK dollars through playing and via the daily rewards program.
If you want to make some wagers, then you can use your DK dollars to place bets. They’ll show up in your account balance as DK dollars and come with a 1x wagering requirement. So all you have to do to withdraw any winnings derived from them is wager them a single time.
Lastly, let’s turn to the Daily Rewards program. While we’ve mentioned it a few times, we’ve not explained how exactly it works (or what it even is).
To start, you can claim rewards by logging in. DraftKings will put you in a tier based on how many crowns you earned in the previous month. There are six tiers in total: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond and black. To check your tier status, go to the Daily Rewards section of your account.
Why should I choose the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
Two things that stand out about the DraftKings app:
- Lots of sports and wagers: Two things that stand out about DraftKings Nevada are the number of sports that it lets you bet on, and the number of wagers that you can place. There are major league, college and international niche sports. And, as you’ll see below, all the common (and less common) wagers. Midway through 2021, DraftKings also introduced same-game parlays.
- Quality platform: When you start using the DraftKings app, you’ll likely notice how enjoyable an experience it is. Finding odds, wagering, banking and navigating is all effortless.
What won’t I like about the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
While DraftKings Nevada has a lot going for it, here are a couple of areas that may be somewhat of a letdown:
- No phone support: The customer service options at DraftKings are, on the whole, very good. However, there is no dedicated telephone line. This might be what you’d expect from a tech company known for its DFS app. But there are a lot of customers who we expect would rather use the phone.
- Few withdrawal options: It’s come to be somewhat of a truism that sportsbooks tend to have poor withdrawal options, but it still needs to be said: DraftKings has too few options for withdrawing funds from the site.
What kind of bets can I make at DraftKings sports betting?
When it comes to sports bets, DraftKings offers a variety of options, including all of the standard ones you’d expect:
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are one of the most common and simplest bets there are. It is a bet on the overall winner of a game. That’s it. For example, you might place a moneyline bet on the Las Vegas Raiders to beat the Miami Dolphins.
- Total: Total bets are wagers on the overall combined score of a game. They also go by over/under bets because you wager on the score being over or under a certain number. For example, you might bet on the score of the Raiders vs. Dolphins totaling over 45.
- Spread: Spread bets, meanwhile, incorporate a handicap of a number of points that the sportsbook sets. You bet on who you think will win or lose within a certain point difference. For example, you might bet on the Raiders to beat the Dolphins by more than five points.
- Future: Unlike a wager on a specific game, a futures bet might focus on the winner of a tournament, or the overall performance of a player throughout the season. For example, you might bet on the Raiders to make the playoffs at the end of the season.
- Parlay: A parlay is a collection of bets grouped together into one wager. You select several bets, decide to wager on all of them paying off, and that’s your parlay. For example, you might place three moneyline bets on the Raiders, the New York Jets and the Green Bay Packers to win and group them into a parlay. To win your parlay, you must get all of your individual picks correct.
Understanding DraftKings odds
The odds at DraftKings are competitive, rivaling any of the other big Nevada sportsbook apps. But, if you’ve never encountered odds before, or not looked at a game listing, here’s an example:
|Miami Dolphins||+4 (-110)||Over 45 (-110)||+175|
|Las Vegas Raiders||-4 (-110)||Under 45 (-110)||-210|
The first thing to note is the odds. As you can see, in the moneyline column, one team has positive odds and the other is negative. The positive number shows you how much money you’d win if you were to bet $100 on that outcome. The negative number indicates how much you’d have to bet and risk to win $100. This means that the team with negative odds is the favorite. In the case of the example above, that’s the Raiders.
Looking at the spread, we get additional positive and negative signs. These indicate the point difference that you’re betting on. The -4 in the Raiders spread column means you’d be betting on them to win by more than four points. The +4 in the Dolphins column means you would be betting on them to lose by fewer than four points or win the game by any score.
The total column, meanwhile, indicates that we can bet on the total score of the game being over or under 45 points.
Can I bet on the Nevada Wolf Pack at DraftKings?
As we’ve seen, there are many different types of wager that you can place at DraftKings Nevada. There are also a lot of sports that you can wager on. But can you bet on the Wolf Pack at DraftKings? Yes, all college betting is legal in Nevada. This includes betting on in-state teams like the University of Nevada (Reno) and UNLV, and you can bet on out-of-state college teams as well.
How do I get money on (and off!) DraftKings Sportsbook quickly?
At DraftKings, there are, overall, fewer withdrawal options than deposit methods. Nevertheless, you can expect to find similar banking options here as you would at other Nevada sportsbooks.
DraftKings deposit methods
- Bank transfer (ACH)
- Wire transfer
- VIP Preferred
- Debit or credit card
- Play+ prepaid card
The minimum deposit amount is $5, and most deposits are instant. ACH or wire transfer can take longer, though. PayPal and debit cards are two of the fastest options.
DraftKings withdrawal methods
- Pay+ prepaid card
- Bank transfer (ACH)
The withdrawal minimum is also $5. But, to make a withdrawal, you must have deposited and played through $5 using that method.
The different methods take different amounts of time, varying between 24 hours and up to four business days. In addition to this, DraftKings has its own processing times, which means your money may take additional days to arrive.
How do I get help at DraftKings Sportsbook?
Getting help at DraftKings is easy. There are three contact methods:
- Email: [email protected]
- Live chat
- Twitter: @DK_Assist
As you can see, DraftKings actively promotes its Twitter account as a legit method for getting help — a convenient resource for big social media users.
The email is much slower than its live chat, and we suggest using it only if you’re not in a rush.
The live chat appears on the help page. Go there, locate the floating “?” button at the bottom right and select it. You’ll have the chance to open the live chat and speak to an agent.
The DraftKings live support is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. During our testing, we were placed second in line and were speaking to a helpful agent in under a minute.
How do I exclude myself from DraftKings?
Like all legitimate sportsbooks, DraftKings offers responsible gambling options. If you feel that you or someone close to you may have a problem, make sure to seek out help in the appropriate places.
One measure you can take is self-exclusion. This lets you stop yourself from being able to play at sportsbooks and casinos. To self-exclude at DraftKings, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the DraftKings site.
- Find the “responsible gambling” page through the menu — on the website you can find it in the top right.
- Go to “self-exclusion” and follow the steps.
If self-exclusion is too severe and you’d still like to bet, albeit within limits, then you can set up player limits. These limits are caps on the amount of time and money you can spend on betting. At DraftKings, you can set the following player limits:
- Deposit limit: A limit on the amount of money you can deposit at DraftKings in a day, week or month.
- Wager limit: A limit on how much money you can wager in a given day, week or month.
- Time limit: A limit on how much time you can be logged in to the DraftKings site during a certain timeframe.
For all limits, once you’ve reached them, you must wait for the predetermined time frame to pass and the limit to reset.
Can I bet at DraftKings Sportsbook in person?
At the moment, no, DraftKings does not have a retail sportsbook in Nevada. If that changes, we will be sure to update this page.
How does DraftKings compare to other Nevada sportsbooks?
To get a better idea of DraftKings, we can compare it to another big sportsbook in Nevada: BetMGM.
First of all, we can safely say that DraftKings has more sports. BetMGM still has a solid number, but DraftKings certainly has more that you can bet on.
Likewise, the situation is much the same when it comes to odds. One site may have better numbers in some situations, and the other may be better in others. Overall, however, both are in line with industry standards and each other.
Again, the sportsbook apps are both similar. They’re easy to use and well made, and neither should give you problems if you want to bet. One area with some difference, however, is the welcome bonuses. In Nevada, BetMGM offers just $10 on sign-up, while DraftKings has a free bet of $50.
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
Why should I choose DraftKings over an offshore site?
Offshore sites operate at the fringes of legality, which means all the money you commit is at the fringes of legality. If anything were to go wrong, you have no legal recourse or protection. If you use DraftKings Nevada, you’re protected by legal oversight in the gambling capital of the world.
What is the minimum deposit at DraftKings?
At DraftKings the minimum deposit is $5, as is the minimum withdrawal.
Can I bet on college sports using the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
Yes, you can bet on college sports at DraftKings Nevada.
Does DraftKings let me cash out early?
Yes, DraftKings does offer an early cash-out option. You can select it on your bet slip. This will return some of your wager to allow you to lock in some winnings or cut your losses.
How do I get a free bet at DraftKings Nevada?
To get a free bet at DraftKings Nevada, you have to sign up and make a deposit. DraftKings will then provide a free bet for $50.