The DeepStack Championship Poker Series returns to the Venetian Poker Room May 14 with over $31 million in total guaranteed prize pools and 150 tournaments.
According to a release from the Nevada casino, the tournament was named one of the best poker series by USA Today and will run 11 weeks (May to July).
Also outside the norm, the DeepStack series will stretch from The Venetian to include Hall G in the Sands Expo, providing 140 more tables for tournaments and cash games.
Other perks include a food court, player’s lounge, final table stadium setup (96 seats), and five final tables livestreamed from Mid-Stakes Poker Tour’s Twitch. For the first time, the series will also have tables equipped with shuffle machines.
This is a massive expansion for the already popular poker tournament series.
Bringing the action back to Venetian
With 150 tournaments, DeepStack promises to host a variety of formats and options for players:
- Multi-day tournaments
- Single-day tournaments
- No‑limit Texas Hold’em
- Pot-limit Omaha
- Limit Omaha
Tournament buy-ins range from $200 to $5,000. Find the full tournament schedule here.
Mid-States Poker Tour brings large guarantees
Five DeepStack Championship Poker Series events are part of the Mid-States Poker Tour. These events each feature multiple starting flights, so there are plenty of opportunities to find time to play. The only exception is the $5,000 buy-in tournament, which has a single starting day. The Mid-States Poker Tour will also livestream each of these final tables:
- June 3-8: $1,100 buy-in; $3,500,000 guarantee
- June 9-13: $600 buy-in; $1,000,000 guarantee
- June 15-17: $5,000 buy-in; $1,000,000 guarantee
- June 18-22: $1,600 buy-in; $3,000,000 guarantee
- June 25-30: $3,500 buy-in; $3,500,000 guarantee
Additionally, the Card Player Poker Tour tournament July 14 returns with a $5,000 buy-in and a $2,000,000 guarantee. Last year, the tournament drew 688 entries, generating a $3.2 million prize pool. Javier Gomez topped the field to win over $560,000.
In the span of about a month, the DeepStack Championship promises some exciting events with some larger guarantees.
- May 28-30: $1,100 No-Limit Hold’em Summer Kick Off ($500,000 guarantee)
- June 1-3: $1,600 Pot Limit Omaha MonsterStack 8-Max ($250,000 guarantee)
- June 15-18: $800 No-limit Hold’em 8-Max ($800,000 guarantee)
- July 5-8: $1,100 No-limit Hold’em Summer Saver I ($1,000,000 guarantee)
- July 9-12: $1,100 No-limit Hold’em Summer Saver II ($1,000,000 guarantee)
Play Online Poker With A Free Bonus From WSOP
Past Venetian events
The Venetian hosts multiple Extravaganza events throughout the year, culminating in DeepStack Extravaganzas with large guaranteed prize pools.
- May Extravaganza – Over $300,000 guaranteed
- RealGrinders Bounty Extravaganza – $147,000 guaranteed
- DeepStack Extravaganza II – Over $1,200,000 guaranteed
- March Extravaganza – Over $400,000 guaranteed
- DeepStack Extravaganza I – Over $3,000,000 guaranteed
- January Extravaganza – Over $300,000 guaranteed
- New Year’s Extravaganza – Over $1,000,000 guaranteed
Photo by tvamvakinos / Shutterstock.com